Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Missing the Road

July was a month of rest from running for me. The primary reason was my injury in my right leg. I also had a lot of deliverables at work, targets to meet w/c required undivided attention. But as I went on a hiatus from my current fave hobby, I noticed I was also becoming sickly. I'm not sure there's a correlation, but perhaps my body adjusted again to inactivity just like before I got into running. The first 2 weeks were the most difficult. Now that July is about to end, my enthusiasm is slowly coming back. Hope my leg had more than enough time to heal. It was also a time to think, reflect, reconnect with old hobbies, review, or just let be. Before, I used to complain that running was too tedious for me, and I always hesitated during meal break runs since by then I was too tired at work. It took a lot of guts to stick to my running sched. Now that I've given up running temporarily, I miss the feeling of being tired but happy after each practice run or each race. I miss the feeling of being soaked in sweat and drinking water or Gatorade like there's no tomorrow. I even miss the feeling of side stitch! Damn! So I want to make the most out of August. I won't be joining a lot of races, but I'll be practicing a lot ( I even need help on this one). The real goal is in September. So to fellow citizens of the running world, see ya!

Till my next road reverie.