Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Game Plan

Hopefully, this will stick. But being the fickle-minded chap that I am, I know this Can change. Just wanna share though my present "game plan".

In one of my reflection moments, I thought about what the overall picture of my life will be. Nope, this was not during one of my fun runs, but running was a major factor why I took some time to think about this. So I thought that if running is giving me satisfaction right now, what are the other things or areas in my life that have always been, or are always giving me the similar satisfaction that I get from the sport? I thought about the most important things in my life. What works for me and what does not, what I like and what I don't, what is possible for me and what should remain as dreams, etc. And after a few insightful yet quick moments, I decided to narrow down on 3 areas.

I call my game plan as a "tri-perspective life":
*My Spirituality-my relationship with God and with others. I know that every thing I have, or will ever have, is because of the sheer love of the Almighty for me. So if I am eager at this point in taking care of my body, all the more should I take care of my soul. After all, we're talking about eternity here.
*Work/Career-a meaningful career that allows me to make a difference for myself and for others; a successful, stimulating, significant career journey that allows me to maximize my potentials in the corporate arena while giving glory to God and service to the people I interact with.
*Running-this is my one and only sport, something I know I can be good at, and an avenue for self-development and meaningful social interactions. This is where I can be a child again, carefree and optimistic. This is where I can be forever young by being young at heart, and where I can laugh at myself and lay down fears of failure since I can start all over again.

Focusing one these 3 areas will hopefully simplify my life and fortify my focus. Life is one big race. It's better to be excellent at something, than to be mediocre in all others.

Oops. My cheemeter (cheeziness meter) is telling me now to stop. Hehe...But I hope I made some sense. It's a random thought that I still think about every now and then. Perhaps my subconscious self knows that the potential of this game plan, when realized, can bring about terrific results in my life.

Till my next road reverie.